Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

reality smacks me in the face

nat sent in his paperwork indicating that he is currently a student and will be a student in the fall for the third time this week. this time, it seems the german goverment will be satisfied (someone else sent the same paperwork to the same company, and he got his permit this week) . third time's the charm. so now, it is beginning to hit me that nat is really leaving soon. part of me wants to be selfish and say, "stay, don't go!", but i know that it will be good. good because:
  • God opened the door for this wonderful opportunity for nat to grow academically.
  • God provided a friend and brother in Christ that is going to the same company and city during the summer.
  • it is an opportunity for us to grow in our communication, which i think will help grow in our intimacy.
  • an opportunity for me to focus my time in growing with God and relationships with friends.
a second reality smack: we went to pre-conception counseling yesterday. as facts were being thrown at me about how to prepare to have a baby and having a baby, i realized that our "plans" will be turning into follow through in the fall or the winter. the details of having a baby also hit home of how much life is going to change after we have one, if God blesses us with the ability to. it is also the 2nd time in the past year, where i've been told if you knew what you were getting into, you'd never have a child (the first being marriage). both require humbling yourself, sacrificing, being generous, giving, etc. but only by the strength and grace of God can i be able to do any of those things! :)

and just as a last random thing to post, i found out that my pastor has a blog: as a blog returns to it vomit. one of my favorite posts has been about the "profaning Bible study" (may 16). :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Garcia said...

Hi Ramona,
Not sure who you've been talking to about kids.

Tiring? Sure. Hard work?Absolutely. Worth the time and energy? You tell me.

My own experience was that our first child was about 3years earlier than planned. Took a while for me to be ok with prospective parenthood. Don't know if I was ever honestly excited (more resolved than anything else). By the time he came home, I remember looking at him and thinking, "Yeah, this is good." It just felt right.

Anyway, there's yet another perspective for you.

Joe

2:03 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks for the reminder joe. :) many of the people that mentioned the "hardships" of parenthood also tacked on "but it's worth it!" at the end.

curiously enough, a lot of our married friends told us about the hardships of marriage while we were engaged, and also tacked on "but it's worth it!" at the end. =)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"curiously enough, a lot of our married friends told us about the hardships of marriage while we were engaged, and also tacked on "but it's worth it!" at the end. =)"

You do that to me all the time.

-DC

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home