Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the joys of fluctuating hormones!

i used to pass off my irritation, agitation, and just judgmental attitude to my lack of sleep. after nat and i started dating, i attributed my being upset and hurt to not feeling loved. this week, i've put two-and-two together and realized that i get very hormonal when it's "that time of the month", and these feelings come around that time. talk about revelation!

i really don't like myself during that time of the month. all the things that are ugly about myself (my sin of pride, selfishness, etc.) tend to surface and rear it's ugly head at that time. the stinky part is, i let it get ahold of me. yuck. i'm wondering what steps i can take to minimize my pms. any thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger FemaleCSGradStudent said...

1. It's best if you know it's coming. If you keep track of your cycle on the calendar, you can be prepared for the upcoming emotional onslaught.

2. Take care of yourself during your cycle. Make sure that you get what you need to keep your emotions stable. Maybe it's more sleep, more exercise, or more chocolate.

3. Know that it's okay to be grumpy and to have negative feelings, but don't use your cycle as an excuse for your actions. You still have will, despite the hormones.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,
no suggestions - I've obviously never dealt with it! Sounds like a good break through for every one though!
-Nat

4:04 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks ladies for all your advice. :) hopefully it'll be better next month!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home