Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

motivation

don't you just hate it when you know you have work to do, but you really don't want to do it? well, i'm at that place right now. i just need to analyze a few more videos for my user study. after that, i get to clean the data up and hopefully start analyzing soon after.

the funny thing is, that i get into a zone after i've done my first one. sure it's tedious, but i think it's not so bad after i get the first two done. the problem is getting started. in my mind i think about how tedious it is, and it's really hard for me to motivate myself to do it.

some days the flexibility of being a grad student is really hard. bleh.

2 Comments:

Blogger mullyboy82 said...

Completely agree. I've found that I have two options: 1) work hard, or 2) prevent those around me from working hard.

Won't say which one I prefer.

Have you seen www.phdcomics.com? Muy funny and pretty much describes my work ethic on most days.

Try this one: here

1:01 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

ah yes, phdcomics. that is one of the websites where i go and waste my time. :) that and blogs. :)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home