Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

laughter is the best medicine

reflections about laughter:

last night, i got a call from one of my best friends. i could tell by her voice that she felt pretty down. after an hour of talking, she felt better, and she said it was nice to laugh together.

last month, when my friend who was facing depression visited, i was anxious of what we were going to do and how i should interact with her. when we actually hung out, we just laughed a lot and reminisced about old times. it was a really sweet time for both her and me. i miss hearing her laugh, and she said that she missed laughing so much. it didn't cure her depression, but it did help her relax a little bit and feel like her old self.

laughing with nat is one of the things that i actually love about our relationships. we use laughter as our barometer in our marriage. we know know when things aren't quite going right in our marriage by how much we've laughed recently.

i think it's such a blessing that God has blessed us with laughter. seeing Jesus laugh and smile in the "gospel of john" movie really changed and softened my view of God. it made me think how how our smiles and laughter might be one way we are created in His image! it's wonderful to think of God and Jesus smiling in heaven.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

It didn't work. :-|

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home