Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

singing is not our gift. :)

nat and i had a wonderful time at our small group this past saturday. we just had one minor glitch. when preparing for small group, we had planned to use the songs that we had sung in church last week. i guess nat had assumed that i knew the tunes to a handful of the songs, and i had assumed that he knew the tunes to the songs (for some reason, we didn't read each other's minds! :P). well, when we got to the worship portion of small group, we found out that not only were we not that familiar with any of the songs, but our group wasn't either. we tried singing the first song, and most of us knew the tune to the song except for the chorus. so, we struggled through it, and we managed to finish the song, only with the help of some long pauses and laughter by everyone. :) then, one of our members asked "why didn't we pick songs that we knew how to sing?" good suggestion and duly noted! nat and i learned our lesson! :) hopefully we'll be more prepared for singing worship next week. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

I had a great time at small group too Ramona! It was worshipful even if it wasn't harmonically pleasing. :P You and Nat are doing great.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Once when leading worship, I realized that the kids I was with sang the song at a completely different tempo than I was used to ... yikes ... though I think by the second time through we were on the same timing. Good times.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks ellie and dennis for your encouragement. :) maybe we can do an interpretive dance as worship since we can't really lead singing. :) hehehe. j/k.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ofelia said...

I vote no on the dance. I strongly vote no. There are few things that I do worse than singing and that would be one of them.

CDG

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home