Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

thesis, following the guidelines

let's see how well i've followed mr. cham's guideline's for the thesis title for my theses.

first up: feng shui of large displays : towards guidelines for positioning large displays in interactive workspaces

1) witty catch-phrase? check.
2) colon: check.
3) length-enhanced superlative verbiage with prolixity: no.
4) of/for/and: check.
5) obscure topic few people care about. check. (it's more b/c people can't afford multiple large displays more than anything)

4/5. that's not bad. :)

second up: usability of textual and visual tools for computer network security engineers

1) witty catch-phrase? no.
2) colon: no.
3) length-enhanced superlative verbiage with prolixity: no.
4) of/for/and: check.
5) obscure topic few people care about. check.

2/5. ow. not quite as successful with that second title. :P

while i'm on this grad school post. here are some guidelines for reviewing conference papers and addressing reviewers comments according to mr. cham as well. :) i added this b/c i'm trying to finish up a conference paper right now. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger gorfchild said...

I'm (somewhat) embarrassed that I seem to have osmotically absorbed those rules, even though I've never been a grad student.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

i'd be happy to make you an honorary grad student. are you sleep deprived, constantly trying to publish papers, and getting paid very little for all your work? :) if so, you're the perfect grad student. :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger FemaleCSGradStudent said...

Feng shui of large displays: A framework for large display arrangement in interactive workspaces.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home