Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OCD and pushing the limit

i had my class today about how to "treat" my gestational diabetes. the dietitian gave us a daily guideline of how many grams of carbs i should eat each day as well as how it should be broken up during the day. the nurse showed us how to use the blood glucose monitor and practice injecting ourselves with insulin (it was only saline when we practiced) in case we ever needed it.

since my blood test wasn't too high over the cutoffs, i asked if i could "push" the line of the carb intake and the nurse said i might be able to. well, tonight i measured my carbs for dinner and stayed in the recommended amount (my OCD likes to measure and control things). we also went on a walk too (which is supposed to help maintain my sugar levels). well, when i came home to measure my sugar it was higher than it was supposed to be. i was/am bummed about it. i measured at 1.25 hours later, and it was even higher. not to be defeated, i measured it one last time at 1.5 hours after eating (my OCD again), and then it was normal.

but anyways, i think that i already "pushed" my limit when i stayed within my upper limits and i'll cut back tomorrow. hopefully, my levels will be normal. even if it's not, i'm thankful that there is a way to manage my sugars with insulin. :) my friend reminded me that it's the first day and to be more hopeful. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home