Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, February 11, 2008

occupation: stay at home mom

when nat and i got married, we decided that one of us should stay at home with the kids if at all possible. with nat getting his phd in computer science, we both agreed that it seemed best for me to stay at home. i don't think there is anything else i'd rather do right now than to stay at home and be with sean. i love being able to see how he grows and changes each and every day. i love seeing his smiles and how he lights up when he sees me. i love the being near him and holding him.

with that being said, there are still days where i wish i wasn't home all day with sean. i feel like i'm on a constant roller coaster of ups and downs emotionally. one minute i am bursting with love and joy, another minute i'm stressed out about my parenting. it's when i'm stressed that i wish i weren't staying at home. it's not that i want to go work, but i just want to get away.

i know that i need to give myself grace. thankfully, as i'm learning to give myself some grace, nat is right there telling me what a good job i'm doing. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger 20-30-40 said...

I know what you mean! Some days, like this week, when I'm sick, I don't enjoy being at home with Noah as much. You can take time off work but there's no time off for being a stay-at-home mom!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ramona,
You are just like every other stay at home mom. We all feel that way. :)
Love you!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home