Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, September 19, 2008

no more tv

we officially have no more (free) cable anymore. for the past 2 years, we've had 2 high speed internet connections--dsl (which we pay) and cable (which the university paid). the cable was used for nat's research and the cs department just paid a lump sum up front. the cable guys that installed the service forgot to filter out the tv cable, so we got free cable until now.

i am sad that we don't have cable now (or a working antenna). we just got home from a week long trip in the bay area, and all i really want to do is veg out in front of the tv.

3 Comments:

Blogger tony c said...

Netflix! $9/mo gets you one DVD at a time and unlimited online watching. Since all TV is on DVD now, it's not too bad as long as you don't mind waiting.

I hope you have fun in the bay area. It was good to see you, Nat and Sean.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I bought a rabbit-ear antenna for $10 at radio shack and I get like 20 channels, half of them in HD.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

tony - thanks for the idea; we don't really want to spend any more money, but we'll keep that in mind for the future. :) it was great seeing you and katherine again!

matthew - yeah, we have an antenna, but we haven't repositioned yet. actually, we just got a digital tuner, and we've been watching tv off that. :)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home