Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

don't forget how much i love you

as we walked towards the security check at o'hare, the smiles and light-hearted conversation disappeared. i could feel the tears begin to swell. without needing to exchange any words, nat stopped and held me. tears began flowing from my eyes as he held me closer to his chest. my body began to shake, as i began sobbing. the reality of nat leaving began to hit me. i clung on tighter, wishing that he could stay. after a few minutes in our embrace, we reluctantly began pulling apart. as i looked at his tear-stained shirt, he whispered in my ear "don't forget how much i love you, ok?". i nodded, and began wiping the new tears away. "don't forget how much i love you too", i said. after some last minute kisses and hugs, nat was through security, waving good-bye, and then disappearing into the crowd. i won't forget.


as we had prepared for nat's leaving this summer for germany, i began to understand what it means in genesis 2:24, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh". in such a short time, God has melded nat and i together as one--in mind, body, and spirit, and as paul describes in ephesians 5, it is truly a "profound mystery". it is through our parting that i am able to see the depths of our oneness and love for each other. i am beginning to see how when nat is not around, i don't feel like myself, i feel like part of me is missing, which makes it that much harder to see him go. i praise God for this understanding, though it has, is, and will be hard to take this summer, for it reminds me as paul continues in ephesians 5, of how marriage reflects the relationship between Christ and the church. if i already feel a close oneness and deep sense of love for him, how much more does Christ feel for the church and each individual believer? it is so amazing and mind-blowing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that post made me very sad to read it (and remember it)!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home